Wednesday 13 November 2013

Production Log

As I have been studying the influences on Alternative Rock music, I have gathered more knowledge on the type of visual look my music video must acquire. The images that stood out to me most were location images, such as forests, beaches, sunsets etc... This has given me a clearer idea of where i might set my music video and the way i might begin to film it. Starting with the sun coming up, but using editing to speed it up so it has a more postmodern feel, for example. Additionally by having my model dress in completely black clothing is another big convention of Rock music videos.

I looked into the influences of my artist's music genre by creating a mood board on PowerPoint. This is because I feel images are a greater way of learning and help me to identify differences in this genre in comparison to others. After gathering all my images and scattering them on a page, I began writing about them. Looking at them all, I could see links, in the instruments used, the image of their artists etc... 

Doing this it has helped to have a clearer image of the Mise en scene i wish to create in my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment