Tuesday 17 September 2013

Production Log

For the last few lessons I have been fully concentrating on finishing my storyboard. This is what i will use to guide me when doing my actual film shoot for my music video. I am very happy with the shots I have come up with, however i have no doubt that when actually filming my music video I will think of other creative shots and angles to experiment with.  An example of this can be depending on the weather, if it is raining I will be able to film some shots in the rain which will make my music video more interesting, and taking into account my music video will be a love story it will benefit the conventions of love music videos very well, as it has a sad mood involved. 

In order to create my storyboard I have taken A4 paper and for each shot I have drawn the scene. In order to make sure the shots i drew fit into my alternative rock genre I watched the actual video of "Kodaline - All I want (which is the song I'm using in my music video). After watching this I had inspiration about using slow motion in a lot of my shots, to make the video less jumpy and more smooth and graceful, unlike the genre of the music, however I wante to come up with something more unique as the song is very different too. 

While drawing my storyboard I also tried to listen to the song over and over again as it helped me gain a visual imagery of my music video. This allowed me to have a rough acknowledgment of how long each shot needs to be, and how far along in the song I was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment