Thursday 12 December 2013

Alternations made along the way

There are many alternations that have been made along the way. For example my first narrative idea was that I wanted to have my actor at the end go to a grave yard in order to highlight that the lover singing the lyrics has died however I found that very depressing and I wanted to have a more happy ending.

Therefore, I decided for the female to do a live performance which added some variation to my music video and I made it look like the whole video is being sung from a female perspective, where while she is finding the lyrics around a field and stepping on them like they mean nothing to her because she is emotionally strong. This has been highlighted because I wanted to break the 'usual' convention of females being more emotionally weak than males.  Near the end of the song the song speeds up and that is where my music video goes in reverse order and the video ends with the male stepping in the live perfomance and touching hands with the main singer Katie.

I made this big change as I believed it gave my music video a better narrative and a happy ending leaving the audience feel good after watching it.

Lastly, another big change I made was the location I wanted to film in.

I firstly wanted to film in her house and the field only however later on I decided to also film in the studio to overall give my music video some variation shots in order to make it more attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment