Wednesday 9 October 2013

Production Log

During this week I have been looking into Digipaks. Before this project I was not even sure what a digipak was. This is because they are rare and are not seen as much as now people tend to buy music on iTunes and therefore do not purchase the albums in stores. They are more expensive to create and some people would just prefer a CD as they thing that it is what is on the CD that counts, not what the CD is actually in. However, by researching them I have discovered they are actually seen as very valuable. And are often considered as collectables for real fans. This made me feel as though it will be more valuable making a digipak than making a CD.
Another thing I have been doing this week is looking into how Music Channels come into being. By researching channels like MTV and Viva it made me realize what they look for, and what their audience look for to be entertained. It gave me a better feel for the actual music industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment