Friday 4 October 2013

Production Log

During my last couple of lessons I have been concentrating on my story board. This is what i will use to guide me when doing my actual film shoot for my music video. I am very happy with the shots I have come up with, however I have no doubt that when actually filming my music video I will think of other creative shots and angles to experiment with. For example, I might see the sunlight beaming through the trees and decide to add that to my music video, however I can not put that on my story board yet as I do not know what the weather conditions will be like on the filming day. 

To create my story board I printed 15 story board templates. Under each photo I have drawn I have written: the length of the shot (most ranging between 2-3 seconds), what is happening in the shot (so when it comes to filming i know how to direct my actor), the type of shot (for example, long shot), the angle of the shot (for example low angle) the type of movement in the shot (for example tracking, panning etc...) and also the sound (the song, sirens, breaks of the car).

To ensure the shots I drew fit into my alternative rock genre I watched the actual video of "Kodaline - all I want "(which is the song I'm using in my music video). When watching it I realized it is completely different to my idea, which I like a lot as it makes me feel as though my narrative is completely original. 

Another thing I did when creating my story board was listen to the song over and over again. I would look at the length of the shots i had created and count as the song played. This allowed me to have a rough acknowledgment of how long each shot needs to be, and how far along in the song i was. This enabled me to create enough shots to fill the length of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment