Tuesday 15 October 2013

Production Log

Today I have analysed the song lyrics of the song I am using for my music video. This was extremely helpful as it allowed me to acknowledge the kind of shots I might be able to incorporate into my music video. I found that the lyrics of my song actually fit perfectly with the story-line of my narrative. Phrases like "somebody like you" "to see you" and "one more time" will all allow me to emphasize the sympathy I wish the audience to feel for my character. It will also enable me to have interesting shots, such as extreme close ups of the girls eyes with dilated pupils etc...

Furthermore another thing I have completed today was write up a brief props list using Prezi. This allowed me to think outside the box about things I could use in my music video to make it more interesting. I came up with black clothing in order to fit in with the conventions of rock music. In contrast to the empty woods, to emphasize the girls loneliness after not seeing her partner for a long time, and the lyrics on the floor and trees will represent the fact that to her nothing is important anymore however the guy is still singing the lyrics out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment